Position is to start out remote. When the work from home is lifted you will need to be on-site with the team.
*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AS AN EMPLOYEE (ON W-2 BASIS) *** NO C2C, 1099, etc. ***
Our Client is expanding and currently seeks an Instructional Designer (for ILT). The Instructional Designer works to identify training needs and create instructor-led, self-guided, and virtual training. The successful candidate will challenge learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application.
Location - Austin, TX
Contract - W2
Contract Length - 1 year assignment to start (possibilities of extension)
*** Submit your resume in PDF format.
•** All applicants must provide a writing sample to be considered either in PDF format or provide a link to your online portfolio.
In this role you will:
- Design, create, and evaluate curricula for technical support engineers.
- Work with stakeholders to conduct training needs analyses.
- Design course learning objectives following Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Create experiential activities appropriate for targeted learners.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and content developers to create, revise, and maintain training content for course portfolios.
- Develop valid assessment questions correlate to learning objectives and assist with item vetting and updating.
- Design, develop, and maintain classroom, virtual classroom, and self-paced training content using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies.
- Delivery training via virtual instructor-led modality to audiences in multiple regions worldwide.
- Promote and participate in intra- and inter-team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration.
- Develop training modules as assigned
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to review training
- Deliver modules based on established due dates
- Develop Instructor Lesson Plans/Instructor/Proctor Guides (ILT)
- Develop classroom requirements (ILT)
- Develop Online Content (for ILT)
What you will need for this role:
- Recent experience (within the past year) with macOS required.
- Proven proficiency with iOS, macOS, Apple Products, and Apple Services.
- Training development experience involving adult learners, such as for technical support engineers.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content.
- Proven effectiveness with global and virtual teams.
- Proven ability to create content regional audiences with a focus on localization.
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for classroom-based, asynchronous and synchronous virtual training environments.
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, best practices, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience as a solo or lead content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners.
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences.
- Knowledge of project management and time management tools and methodologies.
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.