CONSOR is currently looking for a Regional CEI Manager/Project Manager for our CEI group in Austin, TX. The Manager is responsible for marketing, procuring, organizing, planning, staffing, scheduling, and coordinating major technical engineering construction management contracts. Manage professional, technical, and clerical employees and supervisors. Work requires extensive contact with governmental officials and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product and success.
Manager will be responsible for the successful management of contracts in the Austin area. A successful project meets the project objectives, on time, within budget and at an high level of quality. To accomplish the objectives of a successful project, Managers must have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and roles. Ensure resources used are consistent with the project scope and in compliance with laws, rules, regulations and procedures. Monitor to ensure waste, fraud, unauthorized use of company or public funds and mismanagement are prevented.
CONSOR is a team oriented company focused on our employees. Manager will be expected to collaborate and work with other Regional Leaders, PMs and other verticals within the company to ensure the success of the company as a whole. Manager will train, coach and develop staff to encourage their professional development and growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Procurement: Managers must actively pursue construction management and construction engineering inspection contracts. Actively participate in the interview preparation and interview process.
- Recruiting: Managers must actively find, recruit and hire staff. Manager will be expected to coordinate efforts with Senior leadership and the Talent Acquisition group.
- Scope: The scope defines the project objectives. The manager must follow the scope carefully to ensure that it is met and that only work defined in the scope is undertaken. Work beyond that authorized in the scope is known as “scope creep,” and it is unnecessary and expensive.
- Contract: The Manager must responsibly manage contracts to ensure that all contract provisions are completed. It is the role of the Manager to meet the contract objectives.
- Cost: Keeping cost within the budget is a primary responsibility of the Project Manager. They should also ensure that the invoiced costs have been incurred and that they are in compliance with the contract.
- Time: Ensures proper scheduling of appropriate resources (with sufficient time allocation), permits (if applicable), and staging of other equipment / needs are fulfilled. Completing the work on time is another major responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Quality: The Manager must deliver a product of a quality that meets or exceeds the standards of the Department and the profession.
- Risk: There is some risk associated with all projects. The Manager must be aware of risks and work to reduce or eliminate unacceptable risk to the project or personnel working on the project.
- Communication: The Manager must communicate effectively to be successful. All communications skills are important: writing, speaking, conducting meetings, interpersonal exchanges and listening.
- Management: Familiarity with Site Manager. Provides direct supervision of staff members. Mentor/guide team member growth, provide guidance on inspections, review their overall quality and performance, provide honest assessment of team member performance. The largest single expense of most projects is usually labor, so the efficient and effective use of staff should be a concern of Managers. Managers must always be concerned about development of the project staff and delegate effectively so that people can grow professionally. Staff development is important, and the Manager should be particularly concerned about the development of less experienced people assisting on the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Texas P.E. license or the ability to receive within 6 months
- Natural leader willing to champion a team of engineers and technicians
- Talents in project management, including familiarity with design software
- Minimum of 15 years of Transportation Construction Engineering and Inspection experience
This job description may have been redacted to relay a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. In some instances, it may not describe all tasks that may be assigned. As business demands change, the essential functions of some positions may also change. Position requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment background checks and drug screening
Let the next big thing you engineer be your future at CONSOR Engineers!
CONSOR Engineers is inspiring vibrant communities by connecting people through innovative engineering solutions, focused on transportation planning and design, structural assessment, construction services, and water-wastewater. Our project portfolio includes thousands of projects across the United States and Canada with 47 offices in North America and 1200+ employees. We are deeply committed to investing in our people – together we are stronger, more innovative, and able to fulfill an engineering vision that makes a true difference.
CONSOR champions growth, creativity, and well-being in our team members. We offer a competitive pay structure, a comprehensive benefits package, and recognize the need for work-life balance. Our core values define our company culture and remind us of what we all aspire – Collaboration, Ownership, New Ideas, Safety, Optimism, Respect, Integrity, and Quality (CONSORiq).
We’re made up of talented, collaborative, and driven folks from every civil engineering discipline. We are driven by producing outstanding work and thrive on tackling the biggest projects. If this sounds like a place you could see yourself shining (and we think it is!), apply today and let’s create something amazing together.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
CONSOR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in our workplace. We believe in each individual’s potential. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic information, service in the military, or any other status protected by law.