- Austin, Texas
- April 9, 2019
Enthusiastic and results-driven professional with proven organizational, and self-management abilities. Forward-thinking and success-oriented team member, possessing polished verbal and written communication skills (bilingual). Seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant position within a reputable and results-driven organization providing opportunity for upward mobility and growth.
Core Competencies: Case Management, Legal Document Drafting, Microsoft Office Systems, Court Reporting Logistics, Records Management, Executive Calendar Management 90 WPM Typing Speed, State/Federal E-Filing, Notary Public.
• Assist in all areas of law operations, including billing and invoicing, scheduling hearing’s, e-filing, drafting legally binding retainer agreements, budgets, property spreadsheets, and pleadings/discovery with minimal supervision;
• Draft subpoenas and follow-through with requests for medical records and summarization of same;
• Conduct telephone interviews and on-boarding process for potential clients, while simultaneously ensuring there are no conflicts, as well as clearly and accurately document all notes for future reference by attorneys and staff;
• Effectively structure and organize voluminous client files, both physical and electronic, in addition to managing confidential document share platforms for both clients and outside parties to reference at will; and
• Maintain 80 billable hours per month, which accurately reflects individual tasks completed for each client
• Draft legally binding contracts establishing client-attorney relationship, defending constitutional rights;
• Effectively manage all calendar appointments related to inspections, attorney travel, and court reporting needs;
• Act as point-of-contact and provide guidance to client(s) throughout the process of right-of-way negotiations, property appraisals and surveys, and pipeline easement placement, ensuring full property restoration; and
• Accurately draft discovery, pleadings, motions, orders, and work closely with the local and federal courts to ensure settlement funds and documents are filed properly.
• Effectively summarize and provide detailed reports related to depositions, and voluminous medical records utilizing Lexus Nexus and Westlaw;
• Accurately respond to and draft discovery requests, pleadings, requests for action and settlement documentation;
• Prepare master exhibit binders, subpoenas, trial and deposition notebooks, while simultaneously transcribing oral dictation, scheduling court reporting needs, and coordinating hearings; and
• Strong working knowledge of litigation matters focusing in the areas of first party insurance claims, wrongful death, friendly suits, personal injury and tort defense, transportation and automobile litigation
• Accurately assist with calendaring all assignments related to hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and transcriptions, while simultaneously reviewing/analyzing documents and search files for information;
• Analyze requests for documents, while responding to inquiries and requests by outside counsel;
• Prepare, investigate, assess, and oversee all requests pertaining to civil trial subpoenas and deposition notices;
• Draft memos and correspondence while organizing and maintaining investigation and litigation files; and
• Ensure follow-up is conducted with court reporters and videographer for job submission(s)