Contract Management Supervisor II
Job Requisition Number
Convention Ctr Administration
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field plus six (6) years of experience managing, reviewing, monitoring and/or negotiating grants, contracts or other similar documents, two (2) of which were in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- A Master’s Degree may substitute for required experience up to two (2) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position will be part of the Purchasing and Contract Compliance Division at the Austin Convention Center Department (ACCD) and will be responsible for supervising ACCD’s purchasing (pre-award) activities which includes working with key stakeholders to develop and review scopes of work for ACCD contracts; negotiating contracts; ensuring goods and services are ordered and received per ACCD’s standard operating procedures; overseeing the day-to-day departmental purchases; and working with the ACCD contract compliance team to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. In addition, this position will be responsible for researching and designing procurement strategies; designing and implementing end-user training and instruction; developing, managing and maintaining an automated purchase request system; and reviewing and approving reports such as open orders, pro-card reconciliation, and Request for Council Actions (RCAs).
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
- A detailed, complete City of Austin employment application is required to evaluate your qualifications.
- Please be thorough in completing the employment application, list all experience and relevant professional certification(s) that are applicable to this position.
- Please describe your specific experience as it relates to the minimum and preferred qualifications when responding to supplemental questions on the employment application.
- Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience.
- A resume must be submitted and will not substitute for a complete employment application. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted and your application will be deemed incomplete and not be considered for review.
- Please verify the employment history dates on your resume exactly match the online application.
This position relies on a successful Criminal Background check.
$33.36 – $43.36
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Hours may vary depending on work demands and customer support needs. Schedule and/or location may change based on business needs.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
500 East Cesar Chavez; Austin, Texas 78701
- Experience with City of Austin Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Experience overseeing various types of solicitations (RFPs, IFBs, RFQS, RFQs) for commodities, professional and non-professional services for a municipal government or public entity.
- Experience developing, managing, and using an automated purchasing system(s) such as Filemaker, Maximo, the City’s Financial System (AIMS), and/or anything similar to that of a municipal government or public entity.
- Experience with writing scopes of work, contact terms and conditions, contract provisions, purchasing policies and practices in a professional governmental and/or municipal environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Power, Word) Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Sharepoint.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develops, implements, and monitors operational processes, procedures and related systems in support of departmental buying, contracting and/or grant activities.
- Evaluates business process effectiveness and efficiency and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Researches and designs contract management strategies that meet business needs.
- Develops and negotiates grants and contracts to include performance measures, terms and conditions, penalties and incentives and cost savings.
- Reviews, revises and re-negotiates existing and expiring contracts for performance measures, cost reductions, consolidation opportunities and materials management.
- Monitors and audits contract expenditures and/or infrastructure usage activities.
- Manages the implementation of contracts, to include instructing the end user, monitoring results and arbitrating disputes.
- Reviews and approves reports regarding contractor performance, supply chain status, contract expenditures, purchase history, etc. for reporting to management, team members and customers. Oversees the development of management and productivity reports, studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of grants and contracts with the terms and conditions and all applicable City of Austin, state and federal requirements.
- Represents the department to state agencies, city officials, vendors, contractors, community interest groups, and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of general business and management processes.
- Knowledge of contracts and contract terms.
- Knowledge of cost/benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritization.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply detailed and complex information.
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-discipline work force.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to evaluate contract agreements.
- Ability to provide internal consulting services.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
The minimum qualifications of this position are graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field plus six (6) years of experience managing, reviewing, monitoring and/or negotiating grants, contracts or other similar documents, two (2) of which were in a supervisory or managerial capacity. A Master’s Degree may substitute for required experience up to two (2) years. Do you meet this requirement?
If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)?
Please describe how you meet these minimum qualifications. Please detail how you meet the educational requirements, account for the years of related experience, and explain any substitutions of experience for education, or vice-versa (if applicable). Indicate the position(s) listed on your application that support(s) your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Select the skill level that best describes your computer proficiency.
- Basic: Create simple documents and retrieve my emails
- Intermediate: Create/edit documents and spreadsheets to retrieve, edit and reformat document features such as color, font style and size of text, change page size/width, & filter/sort data fields
- Advanced: Create/edit complex documents & spreadsheets; integrate features such as tables, charts, mathematic formulas, hyperlinks, graphics; import data from one document to another, etc.
- No computer skills
Please describe your experience with City of Austin Purchasing Policies and Procedures. Indicate the position(s) listed on your application that support(s) your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe a time when you served as the lead creating and developing a complex scope of work or specification. Include in your answer a description of the project and the type of solicitation. Indicate the position(s) listed on your application that support(s) your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe your experience with informal purchases (RFQ), including requesting quotes and issuing purchase orders for a commodity or service. Indicate the position(s) listed on your application that support(s) your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe your experience developing, managing, and using an automated purchasing system(s) such as Filemaker, Maximo, or the City of Austin’s Financial System (AIMS). Indicate the position(s) listed on your application that support(s) your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter